Welcome Urbana Members!
NSB DEBIT CARD CUSTOMERS: Your NSB card is no longer active and will not process. Your First Federal debit card is ready for use. Please activate and begin using right away!
Welcome Urbana customers of
Northeast Security Bank!
First Federal Credit Union Completes Historic Acquisition of Bank Branch in Urbana, IA.
Hiawatha, IA – First Federal Credit Union announced today the completion of its acquisition of the Urbana, IA branch office of Northeast Security Bank (NSB). In connection with the branch acquisition, First Federal assumed approximately $19.0 million in deposits.
C. Thomas Chalstrom, CEO of First Federal Credit Union stated, “This acquisition is only the second-ever transaction in the state of Iowa where a credit union has purchased a bank branch. We appreciate the efforts of NSB to find a partner that is committed to Urbana and all Benton County communities, and we look forward to the opportunities this transaction will provide all members of First Federal Credit Union. We are delighted to welcome these new members and employees to First Federal”.
Mike Pickering, Chairman of First Federal added, “We look forward to being part of the Urbana and Benton County community. This is an ideal location for our members and is part of First Federal’s continued commitment and approach to building relationships while providing outstanding service and convenience to our members where, when, and how they use our products and services.”
According to Chalstrom, all employees at the Urbana office were retained and the credit union has already integrated its products and services which will minimize any changes Urbana customers experience. Deposits that were previously insured by the FDIC are now federally insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA).
5 Things to Do:
- Enroll In Online Banking
- Download the Mobile App
- Activate Debit Card
- Save History on NSB Account
- Destroy NSB Debit Card & Checks
FAQ: Welcome to First Federal Credit Union!
- Who is First Federal Credit Union?
- What are the benefits of becoming a First Federal member?
- When will the transaction be completed?
- When can I start using First Federal branches?
- Where is the neighboring First Federal branches located?
- Will I receive a new ATM and/or debit card?
- When can I activate my new debit card?
- What happens if my card is expiring in March 2022?
- Does First Federal offer online banking?
- Does First Federal offer mobile banking?
- Will I have access to my NSB account history online?
- Does First Federal have telephone banking?
- What will happen to my safe deposit box?
- What is First Federal’s routing and transit number?
- Does First Federal offer a service that allows me to make external transfers and send money to friends and family?
- How will future details about this merger or my accounts be communicated to me?
- How much notice will I be given about changes that affect me?
- As an NSB customer, is there anything I need to do currently?
- Will my account number(s) remain the same?
- What is First Federal's deposit insurance coverage?
- Can I use my current checks?
- Will First Federal continue to automatically deduct payments from my account?
- When will funds from my deposits be available?
- What will happen to the direct deposit of my payroll, Social Security, pension or government payments into my account?
- Will I continue to be able to use Shazam ATMs surcharge free after the merger?
- Will there be any changes to my deposit statement(s)?
- When will I receive my last statement from NSB?
- When will I receive a new First Federal passbook?
- Will there be any changes to my existing Certificate of Deposit (CD)?
- Will the terms of my IRA account change?
- Are there any changes to the terms of my loan(s)?
- Will my loan account number(s) remain the same?
- Where do I make my loan payments?
- Will First Federal continue to automatically debit my deposit account for my loan payment?
- Will I still be able to use my Home Equity Line of Credit?
- When is my Home Equity Line of Credit payment due?
- I have a loan secured by collateral. What do i need to provide to my insurance company?
- When will I receive my online banking package in the mail?
- When can I access First Federal Online Banking?
- When will access to NSB Online and Mobile Banking end?
- Will my online banking Username change?
- What is my business online banking User ID?
- How do I log into First Federal Online Banking for the first time?
- Do I have to enter a Secure Access Code every time I log in?
- How will I receive my Secure Access Code?
- When will access to initiate NSB ACH transactions end?
- When will access to NSB Bill Pay end?
- When will access to initiate a wire transfer through NSB Online Banking end?
- When will access to NSB Mobile Check Deposit end?
- How do I update my email address and phone number in First Federal’s Online Banking?
- What information will transfer to First Federal Online Banking for customers?
- What information will NOT transfer to First Federal Online Banking for consumer customers?
- What information will transfer to First Federal Online Banking for business customers?
- What information will NOT transfer to First Federal Online Banking for business customers?
- When can I reestablish my information that will not carry over?
- I am a business account owner/designated admin that assigns user rights. Will I need to reestablish user rights for users?
- Should I make copies of my eStatements and online banking account history?
- How do I reinstate eStatement delivery in First Federal Online Banking?
- Will my alerts and scheduled or recurring transfers in NSB Online Banking process as normal?
- Will I still have access to bill pay?
- How does First Federal process bill payments?
- What is the First Federal cut-off time to make a bill payment?
- Do I need to use a Token to log in to my business online banking account?
- Do I need to use a Token to approve an ACH or a Wire transaction?
- What is the First Federal cut-off time to for wire transfers?
- What is the First Federal cut-off time to for ACH transactions?
- Can I change my User ID?
- Will my First Federal Online Banking still be linked to QuickBooks or Quicken?
- What if I don’t see my account(s) on my online banking?
- Does First Federal offer a mobile app?
- How can I learn more about the features and benefits of First Federal Online and Mobile Banking?
- What are your office hours?