Certificates of Deposit & IRA
Put your money to work for you at First Federal Credit Union. Competitive rates on Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) will help you build a nest egg for retirement and other expenses that may come up along the way. Visit with a First Federal personal banker to plan a savings strategy that fits your needs and budget.
Certificates of Deposit
The choice is yours when you invest in a Certificate of Deposit from First Federal Credit Union. You choose the maturity term. You choose the amount you want to invest. Best of all, you choose what you want to do with your savings when the certificate matures — reinvest for the future or spend it on something special for you and your family. Whatever you choose, your deposit will earn a competitive market rate of interest, determined by prevailing economic indicators.
- Minimum opening deposit of $1,000.00
- Terms from 90 days to 60 months
- NCUA insured up to applicable limits
- Lock in today’s most competitive interest rate
How much will you save over time? Use our online calculators to see how your money will grow with a Certificate of Deposits account from First Federal Credit Union.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Retirement will be here sooner than you think. So get ready to enjoy it by building your nest egg with an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) from First Federal Iowa. By making regular contributions to your IRA, you’ll be better prepared when retirement rolls along, and you’ll benefit from the tax advantages of an IRA along the way.
- NCUA-insured up to the applicable limits
- Tax-deductible contributions (depending on income level)
- Withdrawals begin at age 59 1/2 and are mandatory by 70 1/2.
- Funds withdrawn are reported as earnings
- Funds can be used to purchase a variety of investments (stocks, bonds, CDs, etc.)
How can contributing to a regular IRA help you in your retirement? Use our online calculators to help you plan your retirement savings.